The WHCC is raising money to open our first cultural center in Brewster, NY.
The time is right. Communities want culture, and cultural groups want a home to nurture and celebrate their heritage. The demand is there. There is a growing unmet need for real, in-person cultural connections in communities across the country. The new WHCC facilities can provide that home.
What will the new center do and how will it be used?
A Shared Facility
Educate, Share, and Celebrate
State of the Art Facilities
Why we chose Brewster, NY as our first location?
This location will be a pilot to model success for expanding into communities across the country.
- In the heart of the tri-state (NY, NJ, CT)
- Taps into Westchester/Putnam County NY and Fairfield County CT
- Danbury has many diverse communities speaking over 50 languages
- High visibility location right off a major highway (I-84)
- Public transportation thru HART and PART
- Proximity to NYC; 1.3 hr direct train from Grand Central Station (Metro North)
- The town of Brewster has enthusiastically approved and endorsed the zoning for a 30,000 sq. ft. building
How You Can Help