World of Colors Appreciation Awards
2017 Lifetime Achievement Cultural Award: Kabir Bedi, International Actor
Actor Kabir Bedi was presented with the World Heritage Cultural Center’s (WHCC’s) first Lifetime Achievement Cultural Award for his long, distinguished career in the arts. Bedi has performed in film, television, and theater and is best known for roles in The Bold and the Beautiful (Prince Omar of Morocco), Octopussy (Gobinda), the Italian pirate series Sandokan (Sandokan), and over 60 Bollywood films including Khoon Bhari Maang (Sanjay Verma).
For more information about Bedi, please visit www.kabirbedi.com.
The awards ceremony was held on April 5, 2017, hosted by TV Asia. The founder of TV Asia, H.R. Shah, was honored with WHCC’s Community Excellence Award from his part in furthering the WHCC’s mission.
Im in love. A true gentleman, a legend and what a career and still going! #respect #mywhcc @mywhcc our wonderful Board Members on stage with #KabirBedi and George Lou behind the camera! <3 Thank You TV Asia for being a gracious host!Posted by Sattie Persaud on Wednesday, April 5, 2017
2015 Award Recipients
Alex Gonzalez-Davidson, a Spanish environmental activist currently overseeing the work of the Mother Nature organization in Cambodia http://www.mothernature.pm/
- Jim Luce, Founder and President of the James Jay Dudley Luce Foundation, supporting young global leadership to impact positive social change http://www.
- Delilah, the most-listened-to-woman on radio in North America, who founded Point Hope, a voice for forgotten children in West African villages and in foster care in the US http://www.pointhope.org/
- Jim Ziolkowski, Founder, President and CEO of buildOn, engaging students in creating lasting change in their lives, their communities and their world, and the best-selling author of “Walk in Their Shoes” http://www.buildon.org/
2010 Award Recipients
- Zolaykha Sherzad (Kabul, Afghanistan), fashion designer, community ambassador Karif’s Design Studio – www.zarifdesign.com
- Meera Teresa Gandhi (Hong Kong, London, Mumbai), founder and chief executive officer of The Giving Back Foundation http://www.
- Nnimmo Bassey (Nigeria), architect, environmentalist, author, co-founder of Environmental Rights Action (Friends of the Earth Nigeria) http://www.homef.org/
- Olivia Bouler (New York), 15-year-old aspiring ornithologist, author and illustrator, “Olivia’s Birds: Saving the Gulf,” benefiting the Audubon Society http://www.
- Randy and Charles Fisher (New York), publishers of Hip-Hop Books to promote Literacy and Gun and Gang Violence Prevention, creators of the Hip-Hop 4 Peace Program.